Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Accretionary Wedge Call For Posts

Though I'm sure everyone who reads this already knows full well about the Earth Day installation of The Accretionary Wedge and has likely already read it, I will declare openly and redundantly that people should still go check it out over at Andrew's blog.

For the next issue, I want to know about a geological event you consider most significant to you. That can be a historical event or discovery that pulls in your interest or a more recent event that directly impacted you on a personal level, something that inspires your research or something that changed your approach or results on some work in progress, or whatever else you wish to make of it.
That qualifier of "most significant" can certainly be on a global scale too, but that doesn't also certainly doesn't rule out things that might be completely unheard of to people not studying that particular aspect of geology. I'm most interested in the weight of any given event to you, as scientists and individuals.

I'd like to get the carnival post up on 22 May - the anniversary of the 1960 magnitude 9.5 Valdivia, Chile earthquake, the largest ever recorded. I'd therefore like to have all your posts by 6 PM Pacific time on 21 May, 2008. You can comment on this post with a link, or you can shoot me an email. I'll also post a reminder a few days before things are due.

2 comments:

Ron Schott said...

Good topic idea! I've missed the last two, but I'll see what I can do.

Andrew Alden, Oakland Geology blog said...

Good! Thanks for the early notice.